Are you involved in producing your quilt guild’s newsletter? Are you running out of ideas for what to include? Are you often stuck for new material to feature in the quilt guild newsletter? Are you worried about copyright issues?
That’s right – you may republish any article from QuiltEd Online News in your quilt guild newsletter, legally and without fear of repercussions. Here’s how to do it:
- Select the blog post of your choice. For example, you might reprint the Silk Patchwork Quilt Piecing Tutorial, or 10 Tips to Make More Time for Quilting.
- Drop us a quick note letting us know that you want to reprint that article. Tell us who you are, what is the name of the quilt guild, which article you selected, and when you intend to publish the newsletter. Use the contact form on QuiltEd Online Support for this brief communication.
- Copy and paste the entire post into your guild’s newsletter. Be sure you get all of the article. You may not edit or otherwise modify the content in any way other than as specified below.
- Include those most important links. If your guild prints the newsletter for distribution to members, copy and paste the hyperlinks after the text that has the online version links. For example, in Seamless Binding for Liquid Gold, there is a hyperlink to Single Sashing Quilt-As-You-Go for a Quilt UFO. In a quilt guild newsletter intended for printing, you would insert the link url into the sentence as: “This quilt was featured in the free online tutorial Single Sashing Quilt-As-You-Go for a Quilt UFO (http://quiltedonline.com/news/quilt-as-you-go-tutorial/).” Linking like this makes it easy for your readers to visit any sites mentioned in the posted article.
- Copy and include all photographs associated with the article. You may resize them better to fit available space in the quilt guild newsletter, but they should be positioned next to the relevant text as they are in the posted article on QuiltEd Online News.
- Below the title of the article in the quilt guild newsletter, add this copyright statement: Reprinted from QuiltEd Online (http://quiltedonline.com) with permission; article written by Dena Dale Crain.
- You may not, under any circumstances, republish the current or earlier QuiltTutOTheMo tutorials in your quilt guild newsletter. Those are special tutorials that are part of the classes offered by QuiltEd Online and they are not available for republication. You may, however, republish any of the articles on QuiltEd Online News. Many of the News articles are also useful tutorials that your quilt guild members will appreciate having.
That’s all there is to it! Let QuiltEd Online make your life easier by providing material for your quilt guild newsletter, FREE of charge! In return, your quilt guild members learn more about QuiltEd Online as they enjoy the wonderful feature articles we produce weekly. Copy and paste the article of your choice in any relevant quilt-focused publication. Respect the hyperlinks, and acknowledge where the article came from and that you use it with permission. Share QuiltEd Online News articles with all your quilt guild friends!
It’s a win/win/win situation!!
Sign up for the QuiltEd Online News now to begin receiving our weekly newsletter, containing links to all our most recent posts.
Reprinted from QuiltEd Online with full permission